Sterilisation Engineer II
Job ID: JOB-11788
Sterilisation Engineer II
A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a Sterilisation Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Provides daily operational support to the Ethylene Oxide sterilisation Sterilization area while in parallel completing improvement projects.
- Work within a growing Ethylene Oxide Sterilization area in developing, trouble shooting, standardising, and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Champion safety practices and improvements in the area.
- Review, create, and optimise Sterilization cycles.
- Liaising with other key functions: Global Sterilization Assurance, Quality, Facilities, Health and Safety, MIO.
- Represent Galway Sterilization within the global arena. E.g. Global Sterilization PMO
- Project manage improvement and new cycle projects.
- Take a lead role in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Work with technical team on for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Assists in implementing technical improvements under the teams C.I. program.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Owns the key performance metrics for the ME function.
- Actively promotes and participates in a cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Gives technical guidance to Associate Engineers and Technicians.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the Manufacturing Engineering Department and Site objectives.
- Degree (Level 8) qualified, ideally in a Materials / Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of Ethylene Oxide sterilisation systems and cycle validations is an advantage.
- Excellent technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Industry experience in combined Ethylene Oxide sterilisation and medical device packaging technologies a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Sterilisation Engineer II role in Galway please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…