Our client, one of the largest medical device companies is recruiting for a Strategic Planning Director for their Galway site. This senior role will have responsibility in developing long-range objectives and strategic plans for corporation by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability.
- Scans environment for business opportunities, maintains surveillance over market, and may perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
- Develops and monitors profitability, productivity, and growth targets.
- May prepare acquisition proposals, recommend financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives, and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
- Plans and coordinates business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
- Managing people. which includes: accountability for mentoring, developing and coaching staff on meeting/exceeding performance expectations and defined objectives, providing leadership to staff ensuring the prioritization of strategic and department level initiatives to include defining performance goals and targets, conducting performance reviews, and staff 1:1s to guide performance management and employee development efforts and manage toward departmental goals.
- Manages department (s) or small unit that includes multiple teams led by managers and / or supervisors.
- Leads the development of the strategy for own department or business area, ensuring links to the company’s aims and objectives,
- Typically has budget or P&L accountability for a department, broad functional area or geography.
- Drives innovation across the business area, encouraging best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Improves, changes or adapts own department or business area’s processes, systems, products or services.
- Develops long term strategic relationships and alliances with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates and conducts briefings with senior or executive leadership regarding ongoing operations and strategic initiatives. Influences across functions and businesses to negotiate and gain cooperation on operational issues and internal divergent objectives.
- Determines supervisory relationships, and creates workforce and staffing plans to accomplish business results
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead multiple job areas, and detailed functional and operational expertise.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires a minimum relevant degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience.
For further information on this Director role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.