Telephone: 086 0449371
Strategy & Business Development Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Strategy & Business Development Manager for their site.
- Identifies, develops and implements short term and long term business development strategies relating to the identification of new geographies, therapy areas, technologies, products and services.
- Identification of the right markets/opportunities and then determining the feasibility of business, product and/or service development.
- Performs economic analyses on new or improved product/services opportunities.
- Develops business models and determines market trends to support long term projects.
What will I be doing
- Analyse market and industry trends, customer needs, Voice of Customer (VOC), and the competitive landscape.
- Develop therapy and product portfolio vision and strategy to guide product roadmaps and business plans, targeted selling etc.
- Subject matter expert in the relevant therapy areas and clinical needs.
- Develops & recommendations on therapy and product investment areas
- Works with multiple business and corporate stakeholders to achieve alignment across multiple functions inside the organization on portfolio strategy.
- Guides the development and management of pricing strategy for all portfolio products to achieve strategic growth initiatives.
- Guides and supports the product lifecycle management of the product portfolio.
- Defines market needs to guide portfolio investment
- Maintains customer intimacy with key players
- Demonstrate strong leadership to internal and external stakeholders
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment -specific value propositions that align with customer needs and beat the competition
- Develop therapy and product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Help define go to market strategy, including partnerships
- Support the definition of resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to help define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals,
- Prepare business rational to support investment in new strategic value drivers
What do I need
- 10+ years of product management, portfolio management and therapy development
- Relevant product or industry experience
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Must have medical device experience
- Experience working at a strategic level, working with Senior Management
- Financial background , or at least understanding of financial aspect of business
- Understanding of the markets
- OEM experience
- Engineering background- not a must but an advantage
- Global experience- this is a global opportunity
- Ideally role to be based in Galway
For further information on this Strategy & Business Development Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval