Supervisor - Chemical Distribution Centre
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supervisor - Chemical Distribution Centre for their site.
- You will contribute to developing individual personnel skills and systems to meet present and future needs of the site, and contributing to the timely performance of the CDC departmental goals and objectives.
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the site EHS Management System in accordance with IPC Licence, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, legal and corporate requirements.
- You will ensure full traceability and accuracy of inventory within SAP.
- You will ensure Hazardous Waste shipment manifests are completed and submitted in accordance with legal requirements.
- You will be leading and supervising the team of Chemical Handlers, and team lead co-ordinating T&A, shift patterns and holidays via Kronos.
- You will support Talent Management and training within the group by developing the overall skill sets of the team to ensure on-going and future needs are met.
- You will co-ordinate in the delivery, receiving, decanting, distribution of Hazardous Materials across the site Co-ordinate the collection, bulking and shipping of Hazardous Waste in accordance with DGSA regulations.
- You will participate in reviewing and updating Operational Instructions for the distribution, tracking and collection of Hazardous Materials.
- You will generate, collate and report the CDC metrics.
- You will perform area and process risk assessments, identify opportunities for improvement and define controls in conjunction with EHS and Supply Chain.
- We are looking for a qualified person to honours level 8 Degree in Science, Engineering, Environmental or Health & Safety, and desirably with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory role. You will have previous experience working in chemical, pharmaceutical or healthcare section. You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. Computer skills are essential. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees at our company - outlining the actions and behaviors we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behavior
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval