Telephone: 086 8395533
Supervisor - Chemical Distribution Centre
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supervisor - Chemical Distribution Centre for their site.
In our Supply Chain Department, plc, we focus on maintaining a safe and compliant working environment for all employees at all times. The supervisor of the Chemical Distribution Centre (CDC) is directly involved in defining the distribution routes and schedules for the movement of Hazardous materials for the site.
You will contribute to developing individual personnel skills and systems to meet present and future needs of the site, and contributing to the timely performance of the CDC departmental goals and objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the site EHS Management System in accordance with IPC Licence, ISO14001, and OHSAS18001, legal and corporate requirements.
- You will ensure full traceability and accuracy of inventory within SAP. You will ensure Hazardous Waste shipment manifests are completed and submitted in accordance with legal requirements. You will be leading and supervising the team of Chemical Handlers, and team lead co-ordinating T&A, shift patterns and holidays via Kronos.
- You will support Talent Management and training within the group by developing the overall skill sets of the team to ensure on-going and future needs are met.
- You will co-ordinate in the delivery, receiving, decanting, distribution of Hazardous Materials across the site Co-ordinate the collection, bulking and shipping of Hazardous Waste in accordance with DGSA regulations. You will participate in reviewing and updating Operational Instructions for the distribution, tracking and collection of Hazardous Materials. You will generate, collate and report the CDC metrics.
- You will perform area and process risk assessments, identify opportunities for improvement and define controls in conjunction with EHS and Supply Chain.
- We are looking for a qualified person to honours level 8 Degree in Science, Engineering, Environmental or Health & Safety, and desirably with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- You will have previous experience working in chemical, pharmaceutical or healthcare section.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. Computer skills are essential. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Supervisor - Chemical Distribution Centre role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval