In the Component Engineering department you will focus on supplier selection, component and supplier development, and component qualification through effective partnership with external suppliers and internal design and development teams. You will be directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- Define supplier objectives and design requirements. Partner with suppliers to ensure components are designed for reliability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Define component/supplier development and component qualification strategy. Partner with suppliers to develop qualification plan, report performance, and demonstrate release readiness.
- Drive supplier requirements and supplier performance objectives by collaborating effectively with cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risks.
- Resolve technical problems in relation to components/materials.
- Support department goals and initiatives.
- Drive Design for Reliability and Manufacturability with suppliers to deliver high quality parts & devices resulting in higher first-time quality and capability with greater cost, program and launch predictability.
- Utilise skillsets in Design, Reliability & Manufacturability (DRM), Six Sigma (incl. Process Capability & Gauge R&R), Process Characterisation & TM Development.
- Ability & willingness to travel 10 - 25%.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Engineering or related discipline.
- Dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on teams with strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of supplier, product and process development is desirable.
- Background in materials, mechanics and electromechanics may be an advantage.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
For further information on this Supplier Component Engineer in New Product Development role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.