Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Engineer for their site.
What will I be doing
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the business needs.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal company partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms for assigned partners to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Conducts supplier landscaping activities, develops selection criteria to support new supplier identification and evaluation to ensure selection of qualified sources for new product and manufacturing needs.
- Establishes supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engages with key stakeholders within the company [Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc.] to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Participates and engages in Make Buy reviews & decisions.
- Will abide to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policies and any relevant other EHS documentation.
- Will comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of cGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
What do I need
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
For further information on this Supplier Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.