Job ID: JOB-11850
Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier Engineer.
Job Purpose: Supplier Engineer II concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities. The Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management of Acquisitions.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in risk management and remediation.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- 6 years’ work experience in a relevant field.
- HETAC Level 8 degree in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices required to successfully integrate new acquisitions.
- Knowledge to scope, plan and execute risk review and successfully remediate risks highlighted as a result of the review process.
- General knowledge of complimentary industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Previous experience of managing acquisitions from a supplier management perspective desirable
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…