Supplier Engineer - Cork - 101437
Our client, Boston Scientific a leading medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Supplier Engineer II for their site.
Supplier Engineer II in the Materials Supplier Engineering Team: This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Supply Chain Project Management Experience
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
For further information on this Supplier Engineer II role in Cork please contact Edel Kelly 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval