Our client, a leading medical device MNC is recruiting for a Supplier Engineer for their Cork site. The Supplier Engineer’s role concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in the plant. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances in the supply chain in support of business continuity and the transfer in, and integration of, New Products into manufacturing sites and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic, influencing, planning & organising and numerical skillsets along with a sound foundation and interest in material science and technology.
- Be a Technical Team Member on teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major project, product/process transfer etc.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which complies with GMP in conjunction with the other team members.
- Lead resolution of problems that impede project progress.
- Identify and escalate unresolved obstacles to the success of the project.
Educational, Experience and Skills:
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Supply Chain Project Management Experience
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.