Supplier Engineer II (Contract)
Job ID: JOB-11529
Supplier Engineer II
This role concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased materials. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers.
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Communicates effectively with all Internal and External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team.
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes.
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Bachelor’s degree (HETAC level 8) and minimum 3 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated track record in 3rd Party Material Qualification (First Article), Risk Documentation Analysis (DFMEA) and specification interpretation.
- MSA/Gauge R&R Experience Required.
- Competent in statistical analysis.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification is desired.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Material/Supplier Engineering/Supplier Quality experience is desired.
- Proven Stakeholder Management.
For further information on this Supplier Engineering role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11742 Warehouse Team Lead Our client in County Mayo are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Lead. In…
Job ID: JOB-11667 Recruitment Consultant – Cork Office HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Cork office. Our…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….