|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Supplier Engineer II
Job ID: JOB-12873
Supplier Engineer II
More than the opportunity of a lifetime……the opportunity to improve lives For more than 30 years, our client has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. The Company’s products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients’ quality of life by providing alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway have been at the forefront of some of these truly innovative medical device designs and manufacturing. Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Supplier Engineer II (Defined-Term 12-months).
Job Purpose Supplier Engineer II concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in our Galway site. The Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets. This specific role would mainly support the NPD processes from supplier engineering perspective.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management of Acquisitions.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in risk management and remediation.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in Supplier Engineering role or similar field.
- HETAC Level 8 degree required.
- Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices required to successfully integrate new acquisitions.
- Knowledge to scope, plan and execute risk review and successfully remediate risks highlighted as a result of the review process.
- General knowledge of complimentary industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Previous experience of managing acquisitions from a supplier management perspective desirable.
For further information on this role in please contact on Dominic Courtney on 0868395533 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…