A leading medical device company located in Limerick is recruiting for a permanent Supplier Engineer to join their team. The primary function of this position is to manage the company’s Irish suppliers and supplier changes, from an engineering perspective, and to lead opportunities for the reduction of cost, yield or quality improvements with existing or new vendors.
- Liaise with Sustaining Engineering, and other departments, to develop and introduce new products, components and processes in key supplier sites.
- In conjunction with Sustaining Engineering and Supplier Quality engineering, support and advise suppliers on validation requirements as necessary.
- Work with internal groups to review and assess the impact of supplier change requests, and responsibility for implementation and approval of same. Become an SME of supplier processes.
- Establish and develop good working relationships with the company’s suppliers.
- Support the assessment of non-conforming raw materials received from suppliers.
- Liaise with Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineering to improve the Quality Systems procedures relating to suppliers.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for the reduction of cost, yield or quality improvements with existing or new vendors, via process improvement or transfer.
- Assess current internal supplier processes to streamline and optimise.
- Liaise with the Purchasing group to identify new suppliers as needed.
- Liaise with Supplier Quality Engineering and Sustaining Engineering (CAPA) to ensure the effective completion of Supplier Corrective Actions (SCA's)
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Legal to ensure the development and implementation of effective supply agreements with suppliers.
- Ensure effective reporting to the Engineering Management team.
- Provide technical support and input when required to the Suppler Audit process.
- Liaise with supplier and regulatory to obtain the supplier related information required for regulatory submissions.
- Ensure the Supplier Engineering team compliant with: the company’s code of conduct, the Quality System requirements, the HR policies
- Liaise with other manufacturing facilities.
- Benchmark systems and processes against best industry practice, modify, and develop accordingly to further improve operations efficiencies.
- Responsible for operating general internal quality systems and documentation.
- Production/Engineering qualification and relevant experience in as least one of the following areas:
- Manufacturing, Engineering/Device Design & Development/CAPA.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Proven Project Management and problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft ® Office.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
For further information on this Engineer role in Limerick, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Supplier Engineer A leading medical device company located in Limerick is recruiting for a permanent Supplier Engineer to join their…
Senior Supplier Engineer A leading medical device manufacturing company is recruiting for a Senior Supplier Engineer to work in their…
Global Component Engineering Manager A leading medical device company is recruiting for a Global Component Engineering Manager for their site…