Telephone: 086 7738651
Supplier Engineer - Metals Commodity
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Engineer for their site.
Supplier Engineer II in the Materials Supplier Engineering Team: This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management in relation to metal components and raw material.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Metals Commodity Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- HETAC Level 8 qualified in a relevant discipline.
- 6 Sigma qualification an advantage.
- Minimum 4-8 years’ relevant experience.
- Previous Materials Management experience advantageous.
- Previous experience in the Supplier Management of Metals Commodities desirable
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.