Telephone: 086 8395533
Supplier Engineer - Polymers Commodity
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supplier Engineer - Polymers Commodity for their site.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management in relation to Polymer components and raw material.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Polymers Commodity Management.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) throughout the Supply Chain.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- 5 - 8 years’ work experience in a relevant field.
- Hetac Level 8 degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledge to scope, plan and execute risk review and successfully remediate risks highlighted as a result of the review process.
- Knowledge of technical processes used in the manufacture of raw material and polymer components for the medical device industry.
- General knowledge of complimentary industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Previous experience in the Supplier Management of Polymers Commodities desirable.
For further information on this Supplier Engineer - Polymers Commodity role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval