Supplier Engineering Manager
Job ID: JOB-11820
Supplier Engineering Manager
Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for Supplier Manager for their Galway site. The Supplier Manager will be responsible for managing the materials vendor engineering team: this concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities in Galway site. The materials vendor engineering team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Work with the procurement, planning, inbound/outbound and supplier quality managers, to deliver on the operations and department objectives – supplier performance, mitigating the risk of purchased material stockouts, and the generating/execution of materials VIP’s.
- Prioritises and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsor and lead material value improvement projects (VIP’s) or Strategic Activity Review (StAR) projects.
- Interface effectively with key stakeholders internally and externally (Divisions, Suppliers, and corporate sourcing teams) to deliver key vendor/material strategies in terms of Quality, Cost and Service improvement.
- Responsible for leading and developing a best in class materials vendor engineering team that is proficient in the use of lean, 6sigma and engineering first principle methodologies.
- Demonstrate technical Leadership skills in procurement management and in supporting structured technical investigations for components & material issues.
- Manage and support the identification and development of new or existing supply sources with the purchasing team. Collaborates with other cross-functional resources in identifying insourcing / outsourcing opportunities.
- Manage and support the maintenance and improvement of Supplier/Material Management Policies Procedures, systems and tools.
- Proactively identify and drive Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s) with suppliers at all Tiers in the supply chain.
- Develop negotiation strategies with the procurement team to maximise value add initiatives.
- Play a lead role in the development of commodity strategies in conjunction with the strategic procurement and supplier quality teams.
- Develop and execute department budgets – headcount, overhead/project spend and capital planning/control.
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience is a similar position.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the company’s Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Lead group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
For further information on this Supplier Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12032 Controls Engineer Overview Our client an automation company are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12014 Chemical Engineer Company Overview: Our client has been pioneering and leading the photochromic industry for…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12030 Basic Summary: This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within our…