Our client, a medical device company in Westmeath are currently looking to recruit a Supplier Program Manager for their site.
Major Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure product availability from manufacturing partners to meet the business need.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual relationships as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost structures and control.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is as stable as possible, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual relationships for assigned partners to ensure business needs are met.
- Works with suppliers to reduce costs, lead times and increase overall agility within the supply chain.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, MSAs and periodic business reviews with suppliers
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Engage & drive continuous improvement programs and projects that deliver ‘best in class’ value and service levels with partner organizations.
- Conducts supplier identification, evaluation and selection activities to support new product/manufacturing needs and ensure qualified sources of supply are selected Drive product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers.
- Contributes to business reviews with key suppliers to drive and improve supplier performance
- Manage costs reviews, supplier pricing reviews & risk management processes as needed.
- Works with other key stakeholders within the company [Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc.] to deliver business projects & strategic business programs.
- Review a drive Total Cost of ownership (TCO) opportunities and service improvement strategies.
- Participates and engages in key Make buy reviews & decisions.
- Conducts supplier identification, evaluation and selection activities to support manufacturing & product supply needs and ensuring adherence to corporate compliance and legal requirements.
- Educational / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a Contract manufacturing or 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation, establishing and developing supplier relationships & management strategies. Contracts.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs
- High understanding of GMP, Compliance, Validation Practices including the system development life cycle and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/Familiarity contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [ Access, Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
For further information on this Supplier Program Manager role in Westmeath please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.