Our client, a leading medical device company requires an experienced SQE for Galway/Cork or Clonmel.
The successful candidate will be acts as a Quality representative to improve awareness, visibility, and communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities. And provide focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support.
- Provides engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviews and approves all material and component specification drawings.
- Provides engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributes to and participates in Material Review Boards.
- Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluates and establishes Supplied Data Agreements (Ship to stock Programmes) with suppliers.
- Works with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- Assists in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, min HETAC level 8
- 3 years' experience in an Engineering / Quality role in a Health Care environment
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive quality improvements.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Nicola O'Connell on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval