Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer for their site.
- At our Supplier Quality department in the company, we focus on partnering effectively with our suppliers.
- We strive to develop quality systems, processes and controls, to ensure supply of quality products and services from our supplier.
- Supplier Quality Engineers are directly involved in liaising with our suppliers and provide support to our operations departments on supplier issues.
- You will contribute to the evaluation and selection of global best-in-class suppliers.
- You will engage with suppliers to execute process qualification plans and reports to assure components and materials.
- You will represent the organization as the primary supplier liaison on component quality issues.
- You will lead global supplier quality system audits, ensuring timely and appropriate action is taken.
- You will assess of supplier processes for optimum output, process stability and controls, identifying and implementing strategies for continual quality improvement and control.
- You will develop and certify suppliers to achieve Dock to Stock status for supplied components.
- You will review and disposition supplier change requests, coordinate activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support the change.
- You will apply sound technical judgment, statistical analysis and quality tools to aid the resolution of complex problems.
- You will function effectively as part of cross functional and cross organizational teams, developing strong partnering relationships with Suppliers, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality groups.
- We are looking for a qualified person educated to Bachelor's degree (Level 8 NFQ) in a relevant technical discipline (i.e.: Engineering, Materials, Science) with a minimum of 2 years working experience in an engineering function, preferably within the medical device or related industry.
- Previous supplier engineering experience is advantageous.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Have a knowledge of applicable GMP, FDA and ISO regulations and of other appropriate guidance documents / standards.
- Practical working knowledge of statistical data analysis and quality improvement tools and techniques is preferable.
- You will execute effectively to achieve business results; monitors progress, intervening to remove obstacles; demonstrates a sense of urgency for achieving results.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval