Telephone: 086 3073779
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client, an IT company in Antrim is currently looking to recruit an Supplier Quality Engineer for their site.
Main Duties of Supplier Quality Engineer:
- Verification of compliance to specification/control plans of purchased production components to APQP processes.
- Active management in case of product non-conformance by 8D.
- Forces containment and corrective actions together with the supplier until resolution.
- Coordination of sorting actions.
- Collection of evidence information and technical analyse if corrective actions are meaningful.
- Promotes the implementation of Lessons Learned to avoid re-occurrence/gate-buster.
- Measures the supplier performance defining actions in case supplier not meeting Quality expectations and targets.
- Completion of on-site audits & visits at the supplier (preventive and curative), definition of action plans and follow up to reach acceptable level.
- Requests CSL1 or CSL2 protection in cases of need, steering of the supplier to recover quickly. Definition of CSL – exit criteria.
- Applies the standard escalation process.
- Participation to plant and team meetings.
- Manages that product and process changes are controlled.
- Creation of work instructions, boundary samples and failure catalogues.
- Active support of Incoming Inspection, Internal Quality and Customer Quality.
- Definition of Incoming inspection routines.
- Ensures an understandable, standardized reporting system incl. Supplier Score Cards.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related degree.
- Minimum 5 years related experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience of 8D understanding, creation and completion.
- Automotive or medical industry experience – with knowledge of core quality tools - PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA.
- Auditing experience (VDA 6.3, TS16949, ISO 9001 etc).
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and tight time-lines and still deliver good results
- Flexibility to travel on company business (ability to travel within Europe (up to 30% worktime))
- Valid Car driving licence
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Antrim please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.