Telephone: 086 8395533
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer for their site.
- At our Supplier Quality department in, we focus on partnering effectively with our suppliers. We strive to develop quality systems, processes and controls, to ensure supply of quality products and services from our supplier. Supplier Quality Engineers are directly involved in liaising with our suppliers and provide support to our operations departments on supplier issues.
- You will contribute to the evaluation and selection of global best-in-class suppliers.
- You will engage with suppliers to execute process qualification plans and reports to assure components and materials.
- You will represent the organization as the primary supplier liaison on component quality issues.
- You will lead global supplier quality system audits, ensuring timely and appropriate action is taken.
- You will assess of supplier processes for optimum output, process stability and controls, identifying and implementing strategies for continual quality improvement and control.
- You will develop and certify suppliers to achieve Dock to Stock status for supplied components.
- You will review and disposition supplier change requests, coordinate activities with suppliers and with internal cross-functional support teams to develop and implement appropriate strategies to qualify and support the change.
- You will apply sound technical judgment, statistical analysis and quality tools to aid the resolution of complex problems.
- You will function effectively as part of cross functional and cross organizational teams, developing strong partnering relationships with Suppliers, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality groups.
- We are looking for a qualified person educated to Bachelor’s degree (Level 8 NFQ) in a relevant technical discipline (i.e.: Engineering, Materials, Science) with a minimum of 2 years working experience in an engineering function, preferably within the medical device or related industry.
- Previous supplier engineering experience is advantageous.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Have a knowledge of applicable GMP, FDA and ISO regulations and of other appropriate guidance documents / standards.
- Practical working knowledge of statistical data analysis and quality improvement tools and techniques is preferable.
- You will execute effectively to achieve business results; monitors progress, intervening to remove obstacles; demonstrates a sense of urgency for achieving results.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees at Medtronic – outlining the actions and behaviors we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.