Medical device company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer for their site.
Assist with the implementation of and compliance to the Quality Management program and for supporting company goals, objectives, policies, procedures, quality systems and compliance with regulatory requirements (ISO, FDA, JPAL and other agencies as applicable), specifically in the area of Supplier Quality
- Prepare, maintain and review supplier quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Complete the supplier performance review process. Generate appropriate performance metrics, and drive resolution of issues.
- Develop and execute the global supplier audit schedule. Travel to supplier facilities to conduct audits and to enhance effectiveness and capabilities.
- May also audit third-party manufacturers to ensure due diligence of supplier and subcontractor vendor selection process Review and analyse corrective action reports (SCAR’s) to reduce and eliminate defects.
- Process and implement supplier changes through the supplier change notification process
- Support supply chain managers in the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of new components, to improve reliability and/or reduce cost.
- Support the development of budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing utilizing tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors receive engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
- Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Stay current with FDA and International requirements and industry trends in regards to regulations and expectations for industry
- Follow safety policies and quality system requirements.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of CGMP.
- Comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Five years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc).
- Familiarity with statistical tools such as Pareto charts and trend charts.
- Experience with problem solving techniques.
- Familiarity of working in a regulated environment, specifically medical device, FDA or ISO registered work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information, both verbally and in writing, to both non-technical and technical associates.
- Qualification in Quality, Science or Engineering, and/or relevant experience
- Third Level
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Anna Carty on 086 816 8298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.