Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer II for their site.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support and input on selecting new suppliers to support pumps & motors commodity team.
- Reviews new design specifications and provides input from component quality and manufacturability perspective.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Partnership with supplier on process improvements for capability, reduction in risk and single point failures.
- Ensures that robust solutions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection, and Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving component quality issues.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Leads team on supplier quality projects and consistently hits project milestones. Creates crisp and clear project plans and develops strong contingency plans as part of project planning process.
- A Bachelor of Engineering, Sciences or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Medical Device environment.
- Project Management leadership experience required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, with demonstrated excellent stakeholder management capabilities.
- Role is within Supplier Quality; knowledge of Material Controls & Lead Auditor Qualification will be an advantage.
- Proven organization and execution skills.
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions.
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.