Telephone: 086 8395533
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer for their site on a fixed term basis
- Co-ordinate effective and timely follow-up on all supplier quality issues.
- Liaise with product support teams, R & D and regulatory on component quality issues and supplier initiatives.
- Pro-actively identify, prioritise and project manage high risk component issues.
- Liaise directly with vendors under the control of Quality/Logistics. This involves travel to supplier sites so this person must be available to travel at short notice.
- Support implementation of methods for reduced inspection to provide cost savings.
- Support new supplier qualification initiatives when required.
- Provide supplier quality support for the Strategic Supplier initiatives and corporate sourcing initiatives.
- Support implementation of initiatives such as “Supplied Data” and “Ship to Stock”.
- Manage supplier audit programme and overall supplier approval/rating programme.
- Plans and conducts scheduled audits of suppliers to assess compliance with Boston Scientific requirements. Including audit scheduling, investigation and evaluation of audit observations and findings, reporting, follow-up and confirmation of follow-up actions.
- Manage the supplier process change process.
- Facilitate the monthly Supplier Controls MRB process.
- Provide support for introduction of new purchased components and component changes through the First Article Process.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Technology
- 2/3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent with direct experience in a QA environment (preferably GMP regulated).
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage.
- Proven effort to continue ongoing learning. Demonstrates understanding of core Supplier Quality skills/competencies (Supplier Compliance, Change Control, VIP, Statistical aptitude, Quality Tools application)
- Proven ability to decompose larger tasks into smaller ones while understanding task dependencies. Experienced with supplier processes and has an understanding to effectively react to issues.
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Cork please contact Bimi on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.