Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client a large manufacturing company located in Galway requires an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer who will drive supplier process and systemic quality improvement. This SQE job is a key contributor to ensuring customer satisfaction through leading containment and corrective action activities with suppliers to prevent quality non-conformances and improve the entire supply chain.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and performing all supplier quality related activities delivering on-time PPAP and flawless launch for responsible component
- Lead project teams related to incoming quality issues, CAPA, cost reduction, and quality system excellence driving process and systemic quality improvements
- Drive supplier quality improvement work with supplier and request support from the Supplier Development group in case of major / recurring supplier quality needs
- Assist suppliers in quality assurance processes and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement of supplier and product performance.
- Perform and/or participate in source qualification by performing quality and manufacturing system surveys and special process surveys.
- Take first action to protect the plant from non-conforming parts from suppliers
- Coordinate containment activities, initiate controls and safeguard replacement deliveries when needed
- Initiate, verify, evaluate, and ensure timely closure of supplier CAPAs as necessary to improve quality and reduce interruption of Operations
- Internally, report and follow-up on deviations. Initiate, follow-up and close deviation report requests
- Reduce quality nonconformities, improving quality metrics
- Prepare, distribute and communicate supplier quality data/information to various stakeholders including PPM data for tracking and improvement
- Participate in design reviews of new products
Experience Bachelor?s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- 3 years of experience in various functions of quality, manufacturing, customer relationship management
- Ability to travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Cliona O?Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval