Our client a leading medical device company in Cork requires a Supplier Engineer for the Materials Supplier Engineering Team: This concentrates on all aspects of supplier selection, supplier process & material changes and technical support for all purchased commodities within the company. The Materials Supplier Engineering Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of non-conformances within the supply chain and achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets.
- Technical Team Member on Teams comprising representatives from Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management.
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Value Improvement Projects throughout the Supply Chain.
- Demonstrates Technical skills in Commodity Management.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Provides guidance to other functional areas in applying Supplier Management system requirements
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer role in Cork please contact Cliona O?Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval