Telephone: 021 2066287
Our Client a medical device company in Cork are looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer II for their site.
Supplier Quality Engineer II
- To be responsible for and effectively co-ordinate Supplier Quality initiatives.
- Supplier Planning, Selection and Value Improvement Projects
- Supplier Assessments
- Material Qualification/Acceptance
- Supplier Corrective Action management
- Supplier Change Control and Analysis management
- Supplier Contract Management
- Engage in team leadership/development through training, process improvements, coaching, and mentoring.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key part of a global team leading/participating in performance improvement initiatives with suppliers thus helping to increase supplier's capabilities to consistently meet the company's requirements. Additionally, the Supplier Quality Engineer will participate in global communities of practice and value improvement projects.
- Co-ordinate effective and timely follow-up on all supplier quality issues.
- Liaise with product support/commodity teams, R & D and regulatory on component quality issues and supplier initiatives.
- Pro-actively identify, prioritise and project manage high risk component issues.
- Liaise directly with suppliers. This role involves travel to supplier sites so this person must be available to travel at short notice.
- Support implementation of methods for reduced inspection to provide cost savings and risk reduction.
- Support and execute new supplier qualification initiatives when required.
- Provide support for the Strategic Supplier initiatives and corporate sourcing initiatives.
- Complete component acceptance and component material analysis activities associated with legacy and new component introduction.
- Support and manage supplier audit programme and overall supplier approval/rating programme.
- Plans and conducts scheduled audits of suppliers to assess compliance with the company's requirements. Including audit scheduling, investigation and evaluation of audit observations and findings, reporting, follow-up and confirmation of follow-up actions.
- Manage the supplier process change process.
- Facilitate the monthly Supplier Controls MRB process.
- Provide support and execution of activities associated with the introduction of new purchased components and component qualification.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering/Technology
- 2/3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent with direct experience in a QA environment (preferably GMP regulated).
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage.
For further information on this Supplier Quality Engineer II role in Cork please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval