Our client a medical device company in Galway is looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Engineer for their site on a permanent basis.
About the position
Responsible for quality performance of Sourced Finished Medical Device manufacturers (OEM and Contract Manufacturers). Responsible for engaging suppliers to proactively reduce risk to patient and revenue streams. Responsible for partnering with Supplier Engineering and Commercial Sourcing to meet category strategic plans and objectives. Drives improvement and corrective action for the quality of materials sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical and quality system support for the selection of suppliers. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures.
Location: Remote work arrangement
- Help assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Partnership with supplier on process improvements for capability, reduction in risk, single point failures, etc.
- Builds partnerships across the organization.
- Pro-actively communicates effectively and meets supplier/customer or team needs.
- Communicates well in group settings with other departments or disciplines.
- Consistently hits project milestones.
- Maintain and update Supplier Agreements, Complaint Management Plans, Finished Good Documents, Parts etc
Responsibilities Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- 2-5 experience of Supplier Quality including demonstrated understanding of QSR and ISO standard requirements for Material/Purchasing Controls, Product Realization, Validation and CAPA
- Experience in systems including Windchill, NCEP. SCAR, SCIA would be a distinct advantage as well as lead auditor experience
- The ideal candidate would have some experience in production and process controls, problem solving and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.