Supplier Quality Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supplier Quality Manager for their site.
Leads a multi-site team of supplier quality engineers to onboard and maintain material and service suppliers, investigate supplier-related material and service non-conformances, proactively engage with suppliers to reduce risks and drive continuous improvement. Operates with a global perspective across BSC sites, business units and functions.
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Leads team through setting a clear strategy and fosters a global culture to further world class sourcing vision
- Coaches sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Leads teams and projects to successful conclusions while achieving strategic milestones.
- Identifies and initiates cross-department, cross-business unit, and/or cross-site projects.
- Maintains and enhances cross-functional team relationships within the divisions, plants, distribution centres, across the entire network.
- Monitors, evaluates, and provides summary reports on project progress and results.
- Provide project direction, coaching, and mentoring for engineering and technical team personnel.
- Builds strategic and trusting relationships through collaborations and teamwork.
- Develops future leaders through partnerships and mentoring.
- Influences Sr. Management on potential improvements or enhancement to quality systems and processes for the company.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, ISO, MDR regulations etc).
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Responsible for appropriate oversight, risk evaluation, and action to mitigate impact to Boston Scientific
- Bachelor's degree in Science, or Engineering plus > 10 years of related work experience in the medical device regulated industry
- Experience within material controls/supplier quality
- Project management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Solid computer skills required including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Potential domestic and international travel up to 50%
- MBA, or Master of Science
- Strong understanding of Materials and processes
- Working knowledge of US and International regulations and standards applicable to BSC including 21CFR820, ISO 13485:2016,
- Technical experience within the areas of Material Controls and Quality Management Systems
- Experience working with cross functions such as Quality Systems, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Sourcing, Regulatory, Research and Development and Design Assurance.
- ASQ Certified CMQ/OE, CQE, CQA are a plus
For further information on this Supplier Quality Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval