Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Supplier Relationship Specialist (12 month defined term contract).
Developing and executing optimal Procurement & Sourcing strategies of assigned suppliers, through the development and management of supplier relationships. Drive procurement/supplier initiatives to meet overall supply requirements whilst implementing sustainable cost reduction & service improvements
- Develop and lead the implementation of Procurement & Sourcing Strategies, resulting in a strong supply base that continuously creates a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop Annual Sourcing Business Plans that will reflect year-over-year cost reductions, quality enhancements and overall continuous improvement.
- Provides strategic influence while building value-adding relationships with assigned suppliers and internal customer groups by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, tools and technology.
- Develop, implement and manage processes for supply-related problem resolution.
- Identifies and works closely with Vendor Engineering, Buyers, and Procurement Manager, Global Sourcing and individuals from other divisions/plants to identify and execute Cost Reduction opportunities.
- Optimize the sourcing and procurement processes. Benchmark best practices externally & internally and apply Lean concepts, supported by analytics, to design and implement optimally effective processes.
- Reviews, assesses and maintains a base line costing model for the key spend items with assigned suupliers that is aligned with the strategic direction of the function or category and continually identifies and refreshes the model based on market dynamics.
- Supports the creation, approval, and implementation of new company-wide policies. Works with Management to implement trending, monitoring and enforcement mechanisms.
- Identifies, implements, and supports enabling technologies throughout the entire requisition to payment process.
- Leads contract negotiations, contract management, and vendor management activities such as strategic reviews and site visits.
- Introduces new technology, new materials and/or new suppliers to BSC.
- Conduct Strategic Business Reviews with assigned suppliers
- Evaluate in-sourcing / outsourcing opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to mitigate or reduce against risk in the supply chain.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management Experience in a manufacturing environment. Medical Device experience is an advantage.
- HETAC Level 8 degree in relevant field
- Or HETAC Level 8 degree in none related field plus Diploma in relevant field