Supply Chain Associate Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Associate Manager for their site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop and motivate a multi-skilled team and manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Foster cooperation and effective communications between the supply chain team and other functions within and outside the organization.
- Manage and coordinate activities within the Supply Chain team to:
- Resolve problems that arise in relation to delivery, planning, capacity, raw materials and packaging, specifications, service level agreements, quantity or cost of purchased goods or services.
- Negotiate site contracts and support Regional and Global Sourcing strategies and contracts.
- Develop and optimize production supply plans in conjunction with operations, quality and engineering.
- Work with Operational Leadership Team to address day-to-day tactical supply chain issues.
- Lead cross functional teams to drive inventory reduction, lean out processes and execute cost savings initiatives.
- Continually improve material and information / data flow from suppliers, through manufacturing to distribution centers to maximum efficiency and customer service.
- Identify and address opportunities to increase efficiency and productivity within the business and identify alternate suppliers to deliver cost savings or improved delivery or quality.
- Support Class A implementation and accreditation
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with company policies, procedures and best practices
- Work closely with Operations, Warehouse, Planning and Distribution partners to ensure customer orders are shipped in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets for site Planning, Purchasing and Warehouse.
- Participate in developing, implementing, and communicating goals and objectives to improve Supply Chain performance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- In depth knowledge of tactical planning processes, procurement and logistics planning principles.
- Knowledge / experience of Class A implementation
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of overall supply chain management including MRP, DRP, ERP, forecasting, inventory management.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, goal-oriented, and a demonstrated ability to self-manage and produce results and manage multiple stakeholders
- Project Management Skills and the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Strong Data Analysis skills are essential.
- Ability to identify alternative courses of action before choosing an approach; makes timely decisions in the best interest of the company and is willing to make decisions in uncertain conditions.
- Understanding of Demand management and control to manage forecasting and improve accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize the use of resources to most effectively achieve business goals.
- Ability to engage in contract negotiations and develop contracts on a national or regional basis.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, decisiveness and risk-taking but not impulsive; has the presence to manage through a crisis.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of financial and information management systems, purchasing, production operations, accounting and supporting supply chain functions.
- Third level degree in business management or a related field with 8+ years related work experience in operations and/or logistics, or equivalent.
- Six Sigma, Lean or other process improvement are desirable, but not essential.
For further information on this Supply Chain Associate Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.