Telephone: 086 0449371
Supply Chain Director
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Director for their site.
What will I be doing
- Responsible for production planning and the scheduling of production, including the purchasing of materials and determining of materials requirements.
- Leads the warehousing activities including Shipping and Receiving.
- Assists the organization in understanding and implementing principles of Manufacturing Resource Planning, Materials Requirements Planning, and Supply Chain to improve purchasing and scheduling processes and to improve overall profitability by reducing inventories to minimum acceptable levels while meeting production requirements.
- Lead the Logistics, Planning and Purchasing teams to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work.
- Leads warehouse operations to ensure that raw materials and finished goods are received, stored, issued and moved in accordance with company and department policy.
- Responsible for ERP system and system operating parameters to optimize customer service and inventory costs.
- Liaise closely with Customer Service to ensure customer orders are delivered on time and queries are responded to in a timely and agreed timeframe.
- Actively ensures that inventory control policy and procedures are being met and that productions planning methods are altered or adapted to meet inventory requirements.
- Leads purchasing process to improve overall profitability by maintaining quality of goods and services purchased and ensuring procurement process offers 'value for money'
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
What do I need
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science or Engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of five years of inventory and production control experience in a manufacturing environment, including four years of management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning, Manufacturing Resource Planning, and Lean Manufacturing Practices, and the ability to apply these concepts in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Experience in development and operation of ERP systems. Oracle experience is an advantage.
- Leadership skills and ability to develop a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a management team to accomplish organizational objectives and goals.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval