Supply Chain Director
Job ID: JOB-11759
Supply Chain Director
Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for leadership role for their site in Clare, commutable from Galway and Limerick. The Supply Chain Director is responsible for developing and executing strategies for Purchasing, Materials Management and Logistics while leading day-to-day activities of the associates who make up these teams. This role will be responsible for developing actions to drive improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of these teams and their contribution to corporate objectives. The position will have responsibility to manage inventory planning for raw material through finished goods, ensuring inventory is maintained at optimal levels so company goals and customer requirements are met. This is a new position and will be responsible for the management of strategic and tactical resources at the site. You will be an integral part of the Integrated Supply Chain organization and report to the Director of Operations.
This role is suited to someone who has extensive knowledge of integrated ERP systems, lean manufacturing concepts, material savings, planning, and warehouse management to help us right-size our inventory, create levelness in the supply chain and drive the team to world-class supply chain practices.
- Lead in planning processes and overall inventory management to optimize inventory, on-time delivery and order fulfilment.
- Understand the value stream capacity plan and model the effects of future demand. Build production scheduling / production control processes through effective implementation of the Level Load
- Ensure business continuity by creating close collaborative working relationships with suppliers and developing alternate sources of supply for key commodities and materials
- Lead materials management and shipping processes in support of on-time delivery to the customer and lean manufacturing principles
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in PPV/MUV, DPO, OTD, and Working Capital turns and related KPIs/objectives by maximizing DBS tools and facilitation skills.
- Take an active role in and/or facilitate Kaizen events to support the continuous improvement process both within the plant and across all supply chain activity. Build stability and sustainability within the manufacturing plan.
- Use Daily Management to create visibility to critical metrics and problem solving required to deliver on Core Value Drivers
- Effective and cost-efficient procurement of materials within financial and operating constraints.
- Effective and cost-efficient management of the Warehouse.
- Enhance internal communication with other departments on cost reduction, supplier quality improvement initiatives, and localized materials strategies
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to team members to improve overall team performance and provide growth and development opportunities. Responsible for performance management and engagement of team members.
- Maintain a strong ongoing knowledge as well as QS compliance with latest agency regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, cFDA, Health Canada, HPRA, JPAL, IVDD) and applicable standard requirements (e.g. ISO 13485, 14001).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree 14+ years of experience, or a master’s or doctoral degree with 12+ years of experience, and 4+ years of managing people.
- Experience in procurement/purchasing, supplier negotiations, ERP systems, payment terms, supplier performance management, global sourcing, buying and supply chain management.
- Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change continuous improvement and engagement throughout the organization.
- Ability to lead a team and drive development of team members across all areas of responsibility.
- Action-oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results.
- Proven track record of managing managers and individual contributors and driving both performance and employee engagement.
- Demonstrated success in developing and using problem solving processes and action plans to achieve stretch goal targets.
- It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- CPM/CPSM or equivalent certification.
- Extensive knowledge with Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma philosophies/practices – Black Belt/Green Belt highly preferred, including:
- Kanban Processes/Standard Work
- Work Flow Diagrams/Value Stream Maps
- Kaizen participation or facilitation experience.
For more information on this senior role in Clare, please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…