Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for their structural heart division.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading the planning and purchasing team in delivering excellence in process and results in support of significant growth in the strategic structural heart division.
The scope of this role includes optimization of complex planning, operations, and distribution networks, and the implementation of both enterprise-wide and business-specific solutions focused on scale and competitive advantage.
This position is accountable to the Business Unit for all aspects of Supply Chain performance including service, cost-to-serve and working capital.
- Leading the Planning and Purchasing teams for structural heart to ensure satisfaction of Customer demand by producing, monitoring and driving achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources.
- Managing the manufacturing supply planning for structural heart business unit/
- Planning 3rd party and Intercompany supply requirements.
- To manage the receiving, storage and distribution of materials within the plant
- Partnering with the GSC in managing Distribution FG Inventory levels
- Planning freight and sterilisation requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Managing supplier relationships, annual material cost reductions (TCO) and mitigate materials supply risks. Collaborating and interfacing with the direct and indirect global sourcing teams.
- Identifying and communicating department vision, strategy, objectives and metrics for the achievement / improvement of key business initiatives for the structural heart business unit/
- Providing guidance and training to staff, assisting subordinates in attaining career goals, motivating and developing management talent to achieve results through coaching, mentoring, and recruiting to maintain a high calibre staff.
- Building a strong and sustaining relationship with Supply Chain Planning, Production, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Development Engineering, Equipment Engineering, Marketing, Regulatory, Corporate Distribution to partner with and influence to ensure common short and long term business goals and strategies are achieved.
- 5 - 10 years plus relevant experience leading a successful team in a supply chain context
- Strong core competency in planning and purchasing disciplines
- Experience of SAP / ERP systems in a materials management context
- Experience of Kinaxis rapid response planning system or equivalent desirable but not an absolute prerequisite
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant area
For further information on this Supply Chain Manager role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval