Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for their site.
To manage the supply of product to meet our customer demand, ensuring the highest quality standard at the optimum cost and to provide Operations support to ensure on time, to scope and cost delivery of New Products activities.
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain operations, Planning, Procurement, Supplier Quality, Sourcing and Supplier/Commodity Management
- Knowledge and experience of Demand Management and Planning particularly as it relates to availability, inventory and excess/obsolete management.
- Knowledge and experience of supplier management - supplier selection, contract and price negotiations, supplier quality management, supplier development and supplier integration (including quality management)
- Knowledge and experience of commodity management including strategy development and international sourcing experience, particularly in low cost regions.
- Experience and proven track record wrt operations support for New Product Development including SC technology assessment, Design for Sourcing/Manufacturing, COGs delivery, supplier selection and supply line positioning, prototype / sample support and operations set up (BOM availability, MPS, Customer Service, Order Processing and Logistics).
- Proven Project Management capabilities - methodology, tools and associated deployment
- Proven track record wrt People Management and Team Development
- SC Excellence: Lead a dynamic and professional supply chain team and identify and implement innovative, best practice supply chain solutions.
- Availability and Inventory Management: Ensure the implementation of SnOP process for the business, including FG inventory management. Work with the company commercial teams to establish a bi-annual product portfolio review and SKU management process. Ensure all related processes are documented and personnel trained accordingly, including back-up staff.
- Availability and E&O Management: Establish supplier management routines for all key suppliers (monthly forecasting and order placement processes, open order book reconciliation, E&O management, quote and price management, monthly scorecard and quarterly business review processes).
- Quality: Manage quality standards in the supply chain by regularly reviewing product/supplier quality metrics and procedures, revising or agreeing new requirements where necessary and driving internal and contractor auditing processes to ensure compliance to the quality system.
- Cost: Meet and exceed the targets set on product and process, delivering the lowest possible cost of goods.
- NPD Support: Play a key role in the NPD process ensuring valuable and accurate input and support by the Supply Chain team from concept development to product launch/transfer to sustaining
- Systems & Processes: Act as a key influencer of process and system improvements, constantly striving to deliver results that meet the needs of the business while identifying enhancement opportunities
- Projects: Manage key supply chain projects as assigned by the Operations Director e.g. COGS reduction initiatives, SC Design and Commodity Management Strategies
- People: Create and manage a team of business and engineering professionals, ensuring collaboration, equity and excellence while delivering on company objectives
Academic And Professional Experience
- Qualification level and discipline: Degree (preferably Supply Chain Management/ Engineering)
- No. of years work experience: Approx. 15 years experience, with 7- 10 years at management level in Supply Chain & Operations
- Industry type: Medical devices +/- consumer goods in multi-national organizations preferably with experience of Asian contract manufacturer management
Skills & Attributes
- Proven track record in developing operational plans and implementing against them
- Analytical, negotiation & problem resolution skills especially with external suppliers
- Excellent understanding of process engineering & cost analysis
- Proactive business orientation, with demonstrated attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in execution.
- Solid understanding of latest developments in supply chain and ability to manage supply chain to deliver competitive advantage
- Effective resource planning across team to optimize delivery against plan
- Proven management skills with the ability to motivate & support the team to achieve their objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate others in pursuit of solutions
- Excellent systems knowledge (MS Navision experience an advantage)
- Leadership Advanced
- Planning & Organisation Advanced
- Negotiating skills Advanced
- Accomplishments/Results Orientation Advanced
- Decision Making, Problem Solving & Judgement Advanced
- Customer Service Orientation Advanced
- Communication Advanced
- Supervising & Developing Others Advanced
- Teamwork/Working with Others Advanced
- Attention to Detail Advanced
For further information on this Supply Chain Manager role in Galway please contact Roisin McNamara on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval