Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of supply chain management ideally in the Medical Devices, Electronics or Pharma industries.
- Knowledge and experience of supplier management - supplier selection, supplier development, supplier integration and performance management.
- International experience, particularly in LCR (Low Cost Regions)
- Proven Project Management capabilities - methodology, tools and associated deployment,
- Thorough knowledge of SC operations, Planning, Supplier/Commodity Management, Procurement Supplier Quality, Order Fulfilment Customer Service and Logistics.
- Proven Leadership skills to create a Supply Chain Vision for the business and the ability to lead and motivate across the business to deliver this vision.
- Accountable for leading the development of the overall SC strategy for the company in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Accountable for working with the relevant cross functional teams to ensure the business development of Customer Service Strategy, which includes distribution from Ireland and China to European and US customer base.
- Accountable for understanding the marketplace, identifying and selecting suppliers in support Of agreed commodity strategies,
- Accountable in conjunction with Design/operations for ensuring readiness to meet the business/customers time to market goals for all new or revised product launches.
- Accountable for ensuring costs are tightly managed while delivering optimal Customer Service levels. Accountable for establishing supplier management processes which govern supplier selection, development and integration, including use of QBR's / Scorecards to drive supplier performance improvement in the areas of Cost, Quality and Availability.
- Accountable for ensuring contracts in place for all suppliers, including negotiating and contract revision where required.
- Responsible for leading and institutionalising procurement process & tool improvements for key suppliers, such as three - year supplier strategic and capacity plans, value chain analysis, logistics optimisation, return programs etc.
- Utilise Project Management Life Cycle Planning to deliver key initiatives, including project charter development (definition of mission and objectives), as is analysis, future state definition, project plan development & deployment.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the company at all times Other ad hoc reporting and duties as required
What do I need
- Candidate must have a 3rd level business and / or technical qualification to Degree level. Masters would be an advantage
- No. of years' work experience: Candidate should have 8-10 + years of increasing responsibility in the areas of procurement/materials management, engineering, manufacturing/operations.
- Organized, self-motivated, dependable, flexible and requires independent decision-making capabilities
- Good business acumen and results orientation.
- Demonstrated track record wrt negotiations, supplier management, cost reduction and process improvement / development.
- Sourcing experience particularly in low cost regions, with specific experience of supporting new product development and associated supply base readiness.
- Strong and proven interpersonal skills to include: Leadership, teamwork and customer service.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft office applications, in particular excel (intermediate - advanced), MS project, Vision, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience working with ERP systems is required
- Supply Chain Management Experience in the Medical Device Sector
- Experience of purchasing/supplying China - familiarity with China as a place to do business
- Experience of Procurement as part of the role
- Experience of Sourcing/Planning as part of the role
- Experience of cost reduction/negotiation
- Team Lead experience - man management experience
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval