Telephone: 086 7738651
Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager
for their site.
Management responsibility for all purchasing and shipping of a broad variety Class II product mix in a high growth, award winning electro-mechanical Medical Device’s company. Key member of the Management team with strategic responsibility for the future direction and capacity of the sourcing models in a fast paced results oriented Company
- Leading negotiations and implementation of contracts and service level agreements with suppliers and contract manufacturers on a global scale.
- Management of supplier improvement, and consolidation initiatives as well as identification of new vendors.
- Management of all suppliers to ensure that purchased components and sub-assemblies are received at the required service, cost and quality levels
- Ensuring with key stakeholders, that sufficient capacity is available and validated to meet growing customer volumes
- Management of all supplier located inventory with timely and accurate reporting
- Liaising with commercial to agree current and future volume needs inclusive of establishing forecast and accuracy requirements
- Overall management of all freight (both inbound/outbound) inclusive of customs and excise obligations
- Management of component supply with due regard to end of life and qualification of alternatives
- Implementing and managing appropriate measures & strategies for supply chain risk minimization, enterprise risk management and disaster recovery
- Driving enterprise value through the Purchasing and Supply chain function
- Maintaining compliance with import/customs duties, and regulatory declarations
- Ensuring awareness and compliance with ISO, FDA and E, H&S requirements
- Strategic planning & thinking to ensure that future capacity and delivery requirements can be met
- Being prepared to present and represent documentation in compliance audits
- Reporting on Business Unit performance to management on a minimum of a monthly basis on the key areas of responsibility
- Driving and delivering on set KPI targets with key focus on continuous improvement to help streamline processes
- Contribute cross functionally and strategically as a key member of the Management team
- Performing other tasks as required by Head of Function
- Minimum of Primary degree in a relevant field within purchasing, supply chain, operations or materials management required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a Medical Devices/Pharma environment
- Outstanding people management and interpersonal skills who can leverage abilities of all subordinates and colleagues with persuasive and firmness when required
- Contract/vendor management and problem resolution skills, to manage all aspects of purchasing including resolution of shortages
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain, purchasing, logistics, and operations
- Strong purchasing & negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thrives in a team based environment who places a high degree of focus on accountability for Safety, Quality/GMP, supplier service, inventory levels/accuracy, cost and efficiency
- PC literate with outstanding knowledge of implementation and maintenance of ERP systems
- High degree of attention to detail
- Data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data.
- Energetic self-starter with positive ‘can do attitude’ with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Competent in devising & presenting operational and strategic business plans with follow on timely implementation, utilising strong Project Management skills
- Strong strategic leadership skills that can add value to the wider management team.
- High level of proficiency in M/s office key packages
- Environmental Conditions:
- Typical office environment.
- Some travel will be required with role. (Up to 25%)
For further information on this Supply Chain Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.