Our client a leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team. The Supply Chain Manager is a member of the facility leadership team with functional responsibility for capacity planning, materials management/flow, tactical procurement, production scheduling, inventory control, warehousing and logistics. This individual will help to drive key performance indicators such as fill rate, on-time delivery, back order, quality lot acceptance and financial metrics such as inventory turns, material variances against forecasts and budgets. The person will lead by example to ensure best in class service levels, optimize global inventory management, efficiently utilize manufacturing resources and leverage the purchasing power of the multiple Irish sites. The person will improve existing business systems and processes by working effectively across all functions, facilities and suppliers. The person will represent the company in a professional and exemplary manner before our suppliers, employees and community at large.
- Participate in the Sales and Operations planning process to develop mid to long range operating plans, which drives the demand and capacity planning function which the incumbent is responsible for. Assist in capital expenditure justification and approval working with peers within operations
- Responsible for developing business processes to consolidate reporting of forecasts, demand and capacity in order to improve organization manufacturing planning and execution, and generate proactive planning for capital investments in capacity
- Works with the Customers and Customer Service Operations in the establishment and management of Kanban and Consigned Finished Goods Inventory programs, and insures that proper Demand and Capacity Plans are implemented to support these requirements at their site
- Management responsibilities for demand and capacity planning, production scheduling and execution, inventory, purchasing and supplier service level management, Responsible for integrating production schedules with business planning and forecasting. Drive the balance of ERP/MRP capability with pull / lean methodology. Must be a driver of lean manufacturing and a lean culture
- Responsible for inventory accuracy (raw, intermediate, WIP and finished goods) and cycle count program accuracy
- Working closely with finance; maintain appropriate inventory levels to meet customer demand while meeting the financial objectives
- Assist in the development and management of Kanban and Consignment programs with suppliers and customers
- Manage and support outside service providers to meet business requirements. Explore, recommend and (where appropriate) introduce new technologies, processes and suppliers to reduce non-value added procurement activities
- Participates in daily facility production meetings and on project teams as required
- Responsible for the planning systems for all raw materials, internal operations, subcontract operations and outside supporting services
- Responsible for production order execution and working with operations to insure that us on time delivery, cycle time and fill rate goals are met
- Responsible for site procurement activities (raw materials, outside services (OSV) as well as expense items)
- Managing and maintaining supplier programs, including the implementation of Kanban Replenishment, Consigned Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs in areas such as raw materials, tooling, etc…
- Global Sourcing – actively participates with the Global Sourcing Commodity Management team on Strategic Supplier partnerships and agreements in support of Medical Strategic Goals
- Participates with Strategic Sourcing Commodity management on Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) quarterly / bi-annual reviews with key suppliers for the site, as well as participates in Global Sourcing SRM meetings as required
- Supplier Performance Management – responsible for working with site operations, quality and global sourcing on supplier score cards to insure that plans of action are developed and implemented for improving poor performing suppliers
- Weekly / Monthly reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Supply Chain function for their site.
- Participates in Global Supply Chain meetings to foster cross site teamwork and development of our Global Supply Chain capabilities.
- Explore new technologies and processes, to reduce non-value added procurement and planning activities.
- Responsible for training and career development of all Supply Chain employees.
- Manage department to meet all quality and financial system requirements.
- Participate in the contract review of all new products / processes.
- Lead and manage Site Customer Operations Team.
- Provide leadership to Customer Operations Team members including guidance, prioritization, training and support for daily activities.
- Drive team performance towards key metric targets, including Order, Acknowledgement Cycle Time, Quote Cycle Time.
- Revenue forecasting – monthly and forward looking. Monitor revenue execution on a daily, monthly, weekly basis. Provide information and input to the annual and monthly forecasting process, including reconciliation to the monthly facility forecast.
- Represent the company and the site to the customer and Sales as appropriate in conjunction with customer communication, visits and issue resolution.
- Communicate with customers and other functions (i.e. Sales, Customer Services) to fully understand customer requirements.
- Demonstrate responsiveness and leadership in interactions with customers, Sales and KPI’s.
- Work with facility personnel (Planning, Operations and Purchasing) to meet customer requests for items such as order expedites and change requests.
- Communicate and monitor plans for expedite requests and recovery plans to Sales, CSR, Operations and Customers as required to meet commitments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the necessary education and work experience Recognizing that education and work experience are relative to the experience, environments, the review of an individual’s accomplishments is critical to filling the position successfully
- Prior Demand and Capacity Planning experience required
- Prior Purchasing and Material Sourcing Experience required
- Knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 14971
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, statistical and mathematical abilities and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and problem solving skills are extremely important in this position
- 4-year degree. MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience in increasing levels of responsibility within Materials and Purchasing Management
- 3-5 years of management or supervision experience
- CPIM / CPM certification a plus
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 0867738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.