Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Specialist (Production Planner)
My client is a long standing Galway Medical Device manufacturer who are a multinational organization with family feel! There’s a new position opening for a Supply Chain Specialist in the Production Planning team. In this role, you will be responsible for Inventory and Vendor Management to ensure the smooth transition of the Master Production plan forecast.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a strong working knowledge of Supply Chain Management principles such as MRP & inventory planning & control. Keys areas of responsibility include Inventory Management, Vendor Management & Production Schedule Management.
- Manage the MRP element of the S&OP cycle. This includes the management of purchase orders, delivery schedules, expedites and Kanban maintenance to ensure availability of material to meet customer demand while adhering to agreed inventory limits.
- Implementation and management of inventory for Non-MRP driven demand.
- Implement strategies and programs to deliver year on year total material and service cost savings to meet company objectives, while ensuring quality and continued supply.
- Ensure effective inventory management & control, adhering to and implementing pro- active strategies to improve inventory levels and DOH targets/metrics.
- Use of lean practices and tools to drive continuous improvement in the area.
- Management of Stores personnel ensuring seamless flow of materials from supplier to floor and floor to customer.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of company AVL through SAP.
- Manage suppliers’ relationships which include implementing contracts, price reviews and negotiation, Kanban implementation and maintenance to support production build plans while adhering to purchasing and inventory policies.
- Identify and partner with new reliable vendors and suppliers as required.
- Responsibility for maintenance of service commodities contracts.
- Maintain accurate SAP master data e.g. lead times, batch size, safety stock, MOQ, Min/Max to ensure 100% system data accuracy.
- Manage Supplier Evaluation and report on quarterly performance.
- Creation and maintenance of the MPS from the S&OP Sales Forecast on a monthly basis for delivery to production.
- Work with production to manage issues preventing execution of the MPS and production plan. Issues include but are not limited to non-conforming materials or processes, material or equipment availability, completing unplanned requirements.
- Measurement and reporting of the Adherence to Schedule of the MPS.
- Working closely with production to manage WIP levels through production kanbans.
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Planning/Supply Chain role.
- Certification in APICS or similar qualification would be highly desirable.
- Experience using ERP systems; SAP would be highly desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
For further information on this role please contact Marchon Monroe on 086 044 9473/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…