Supply Chain Project Manager
Job ID: JOB-11455
Supply Chain Project Manager
Our client, a global healthcare leader is recruiting for a Supply Chain Project Manager. The position of Supply Chain Projects Manager is located in Galway, commutable from Mayo and Clare The Supply Chain Project Manager will work with global corporate and manufacturing functions based in the US, Europe and Asia.
- The Global Supply Chain for IDEM, the Infectious Diseases Emerging Market Business Unit consists of Manufacturing sites in China, Korea, Japan and Jena, Germany, centralised services in Philippines, Hong Kong and Galway and the corporate headquarters in Chicago, US.
- The Supply Chain is responsible for managing the demand and supply of Lateral Flow Diagnostic Tests for Covid 19, HIV, Malaria, Hepatitis C, Flu and a range of Tropical diseases. They support a rapidly expanding business unit and collaborate closely on sales execution, product supply and human resources with the other business Units within the Diagnostics Division
- The IDEM supply chain is rapidly expanding as we provide product & service responses to the diseases mentioned and as we develop our go to Market infrastructure and processes across our target geographies in Africa, APAC, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Lat Am.
- To ensure we can rapidly expand our Supply Chain capability, focus on our supply chain projects is integral, including starting within our suppliers and manufacturing facilities.
- The Supply Chain Project manager role is responsible for the management and coordination of select high impact supply chain projects, including but not limited to new supplier introduction, new components and technologies.
- This role will work closely with our suppliers, R & D, operations and quality to drive project timelines, and ensure supply mitigation actions are taken.
- One of the key programs this role will initially focus on is within our Biologics commodity, including changes in supplier location, consolidation of suppliers, and New Product Introduction initiatives as part of an overall biologic’s commodity strategy.
- This will involve working closing with our global procurement teams, suppliers, internal biologics manufacturing teams, regulatory and quality to ensure project timelines are created, and project is completed on time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The Project Manager is responsible to the project stakeholders for delivering a project’s objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Develop realistic cross-functional program implementation plans with input from Suppliers, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, and Commercial
- Coordinate and lead global project teams to perform technical transfers and introduction of new supplier introduction, new components and technologies
- Creating/maintaining the project documentation that will be used throughout the change lifecycle ensuring change is controlled and aligned with corporate strategy and business objectives.
- Maintain program budgets
- Set project milestones and report progress accordingly. Consider alternative approaches and take corrective action as needed to ensure project milestones are achieved
- Establishing and leading proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with the senior leadership team, program/project teams, and matrix stakeholders.
- Leading and motivating the project team; ensuring the behavioural expectations of team members are established.
- Ensuring that the cross-functional members work as a “team” focused on business unit goals identified and managing program and solution interdependencies.
- Holding project team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlighting opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicating project delays and escalations.
- Supports supplier selection, technology transfers, capital expansions, regulatory filings, ensuring clear supply strategies to mitigate gaps in supply
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Project Management, or a related discipline with advanced degree preferred.
- PMI certification is highly desirable
- 5+ years of diversified Biologics/Pharma/Medical Device business experience, including operations support/quality at the plant level, supply chain, validations, capital and expense management, and commercial product launches
- Experience in leading international cross-functional teams
- Experience in influencing peers in other organizations and senior management
- Results-driven contributing to the achievement of the businesses financial and strategic goals
For further information on this Supply Chain Project Manager role in Galway please contact caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…