Our Client a medical device company in Limerick are looking to recruit a Supply Planner for their site.
- The roles purpose is to support the creation of an overall supply plan for the specific plants and 3rd party suppliers within the specific franchise scope. The role will interface with production scheduling, procurement, and customer services to ensure an integrated approach in supply planning within the franchise and take the lead in responding to the demand requirements from the business and ensuring that there is supply plan in place to communicate what needs to be produced and purchased to the manufacturing and supply base within the franchise.
- Support the creation of a Master Resource Plan based on the latest demand signal to cover what needs to be produced or purchased as a finished product and to ensure that within the process there is sufficient raw materials and components to support the required supply plan up to 24 months' time horizon
- Support the creation of capacity plans based on the latest demand signal, to identify where there is any potential bottlenecks or risks to supply and to develop and recommend appropriate proposals to mitigate and to ensure that the plant or 3rd party can meet the future demand. Also identify where there is significant underutilization which could impact the costs of supply.
- Responsibility will be initially scoped to limited number of products /segments of the portfolio and during development phase the individual would be closely monitored and coached into supply planning
- Work under the supervision of the Supply Planning manager in Setting of the correct levels of inventory (safety stocks) within the Supply plan by understanding the demand volatility and supply chain lead times
- Tracking of the execution of the supply plan with production scheduling and buying so ensuring that the plan is fully operationalized and tracked for performance deviation this to include mitigation on back orders and pro-active communication of future supply risks.
- Ensuring within the Supply Plan that products are being phased in and planned correctly as well as ensuring communication and timing of exiting products within the plant or 3rd party. Communicating with the business in regard to the status of the product portfolio from a supply planning perspective.
- Support the Supply Planning Manager in providing effective communication and confirmation back from supply planning to the demand plan in confirming capability to meet the requirements via the daily and weekly execution process but also via a robust monthly executive supply process.
- All Supply Planning system core master-data is maintained to enable focus on real supply issues rather than due to poorly maintained settings within the core planning systems
- KPIS for the role will be Supply Plan Attainment, Safety stock health , Capacity Utilization , Back order and Lead time
- Root causing of performance issues and recommendation to Supply Planning Manager /leader on how to mitigate and sustain.
- Degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management
- Languages at least English but preferably a second language depending on global location
- Minimum of 2 years in either a production, supply or demand planning role where knowledge is demonstrated and experience gained in planning\
- Entry level Graduate may also be considered for role
- IT Planning system experience to include use of SAP as a minimum requirement or equivalent ERP systems
- Microsoft excel super-user skills
- Percent Travel Required ,Up to 10%
For further information on this Supply Planner role in Limerick please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval