Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Supply Scheduler Engineer for their site on an hourly contracting basis
This is a key position in the interaction and collaboration with key stakeholders to schedule and ensure ongoing production planning activities in the co-ordination and execution of the detailed schedules for all products manufactured at Site. Position holder will be responsible for functional area key metrics including Schedule Attainment, On-Time Shipments, Inventory, and Training & Compliance.
This position is a cross functional role within Janssen Biologics (Ireland) communicating information on production plans and will have strong links internally with Manufacturing Technical Operations and Quality with a collaborative role within Product Management.
- Optimize the translation of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) into various detailed schedules for intermediates & API within the detailed scheduling horizon according to demand requirements and available capacity.
- Schedule and co-ordinate primary and supporting production planning activities to prioritize and ensure timely release of intermediates and API based on the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and the Distribution Plan.
- Analyze demand / supply alerts and identify and escalate potential short term supply constraints within the Short-Term Escalation Management (STEM) process.
- Update actual production status in SAP and Advanced Planning systems and create and release process orders as per the detailed scheduling horizon. Ensure planning systems parameters are maintained up to date.
- Develop, maintain and publish information on asset / product specific supply chain management metrics & KPI?s.
- Maintain intermediate inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products. Contribute to the global balancing of products within the Biologics Large Molecule API Platform.
- Assess respective supply impact for assigned assets / products in conjunction with product End to End Planning Leads for proposed manufacturing / regulatory changes and provide feedback to change sponsor / owner.
- Development and implementation of SAP and Advanced Planning Systems and processes.
- Development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Production Planning area.
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with EHS, GMP?s, and Training & Business Compliance policies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor?s (Hons.) degree is required. Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- A minimum of 5years relevant Supply Chain experience (Planning, Supply Chain, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in the implementation, development and execution of business planning and control systems with particular emphasis in the proficient use of SAP would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
- Experience with several of the following processes: inventory management and inventory entitlement, supply chain management, supply planning, scenario analysis, sales and operations planning, process excellence, SAP systems and/or other manufacturing/planning business processes.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist.
- Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Proven business acumen in the areas of Supply Chain, Commercial and Financials.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Customer focused. Results and performance driven.
- Excellent problem solving and resolution implementation skills.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and flexible.
For further information on this Supply Scheduler role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval