Our client, a medical device company located in County Leitrim is recruiting for a Sustaining Engineer.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting on Non-conforming materials, customer complaints and incapable processes.
- Ensuring that Processes are set up and monitored according to work instructions.
- Mentoring of Technicians and Operators as required to drive improvements.
- Participation in the development of cell lay-outs, material travel & handling & over-all work plan in order to provide effective synchronous lean manufacturing.
- Ensuring that non-conforming product and processes are evaluated and corrected as required in accordance with process controls and production procedures. Participation in the MRB Programme & product disposition
- Participation in plant Corrective/ Preventive & Continuous Process Improvement programmes.
- Participation in the Internal Quality Audit Programme & Vendor Audit Programme.
- Support and participation in new cell developments/layout ensuring production engineering input is provided to R&D/NPI early in product lifecycles.
- Participation in the Internal Validation Programme & ensuring that all new processes are supported during validation before transfer to production. (During this phase ownership of process will transfer from NPI engineer to Sustaining engineer)
- Drive yield improvements across the cells using structure A3 Root Cause Analysis methodology.
- Improve output and cell efficiencies using Lean tools and methodology.
- Customer management in ensuring that the supply of product is maintained, change management effectively managed and controlled.
- Identify and implement technical improvements where applicable.
- Adhere to Plant Safety requirements and Health & Safety requirements relating to your work, assuming responsibility for those aspects of the OH&S System over which you have control to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Be aware of the potential environmental impacts associated with your work and the implications of non-conformance.
- Contribute to enhanced energy performance by conservation of energy where possible (Lighting, Equipment, Air Conditioning etc.).
- Contribute to the continual improvement activities of the OH&S, Environmental and Energy Management systems through participation, providing feedback/ suggestions for improvement and by reporting accidents, dangerous occurrence, near miss/ illness, good catch and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer, Science, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering or
- 5+ yrs. experience in a Process Assembly technician role in a medical device environment including Clean room manufacture, validations, process controls, process improvements, lean manufacturing etc.
For further information on this Leitrim role please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.