Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for their site.
The Systems Engineer to take responsibility for providing their engineering or science knowledge to further development efforts in their Biosciences business unit segment focusing initially on flow cytometry and related systems. The Systems Engineer will need to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental/traditional systems engineering principles, procedures and techniques across the spectrum to connect various functional elements related to the development and through life of mechanical, optical, electronic and software systems and subsystems
The suitable candidate has a background in product development with design engineering and design control experience. The suitable candidate should be able to analyze customer/user needs to produce detailed specifications for the creation or of new hardware and software products that effect many systems or the enhancement of multiple systems.
Be the Systems Engineer:
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced system-level technology and systems development process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of product design and development and an ability to characterize system and subsystem performance.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to novel or complex applications.
- Serve as a key resource to examine and troubleshoot systems behavior issues and bring resolution for new technologies and existing products.
- Consistently apply systems engineering techniques such as requirements synthesis, decomposition, use case modelling, traceability, risk management, verification and validation, product architecture, etc.
- Clearly communicate information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Making customers/stakeholders and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive business relationships on a global front.
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; pushing oneself and others to exceed performance goals and standards; strong and independent drive for success.
- Establishing courses of action and plans for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently; successfully encourages others to take responsibility for their work packages.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) ideally in biomedical, mechanical, electronics, systems engineering or related disciplines. Knowledge of cell biology and experience in flow cytometry an advantage.
- Demonstrable track record in professional work experience with 3 to 5 years in the R&D.
- Have strong technical writing skills producing requirements specifications, risk reports, and test procedures, and experience in traditional systems engineering development, architectural design and/or project engineering.
- Experience interpreting experimental results, performing statistical analysis or DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) techniques and dFMEA methods is preferred.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (Team Foundation Server, DOORS, etc.) and configuration tools (TFS, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of model-based systems engineering (MBSE), design methods using SysML or UML, and modelling tools (Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and scrum practices is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team or individually with global collaboration.
For further information on this Systems Engineer role in Limerick please contact Anna Carty on 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…