Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader for their site.
- Supervising production activities against appropriate measurements. Managing all resources within their area i.e. labour and materials. Adherence and development of Key Performance Indicators such as EH&S, Quality, Service, Cost, machine OEE and 5S
- Ensuring a positive employee relations climate is maintained while adhering to the relevant HR policies and that there is ongoing communications as required. Liaising with training coordinators to provide ongoing training and development for individuals to enhance flexibility and personal development.
- Adhering to daily/weekly production schedules in conjunction with manufacturing planning and measuring adherence to this schedule.
- Supervise the consumption of materials with the Value Stream and manage Work in Progress to agreed standards.
- Completing all relevant documentation and ensuring good documentation practices and good manufacturing practices are adhered to
- Leading and driving continuous improvement and quality activities with Operators and Fitters in the Value Stream.
- Quality - Ensure quality standards and expectations are communicated and deployed. Ensure quality objectives (rework, scrap, line clearance, QA audits etc) are met
- Actively participate in the waste and efficiency improvement process including leading improvement projects
- Supervise communications within the Value Stream including weekly meetings and relevant issue identification and problem-solving meetings.
- Maintaining a safe working environment which complies to relevant EH&S standards
- Effectively manage the technical resources in the area to positively impact on key performance metrics (efficiency, waste and OEE).
- Third Level Education
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of modern, effective production processes and lean manufacturing tools/6 sigma.
- Minimum 3 years relevant manufacturing experience
- Degree in engineering, science related subject would be a distinct advantage
- Process or product knowledge within the medical devices industry would be a distinct advantage.
- A demonstrable track record of utilizing modern effective production process and lean manufacturing tools to drive continuous improvements would be a distinct advantage.
- Green Belt or Black Belt qualified
- Experience in a Unionised environment in the medical devices industry.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval