Telephone: 086 3073779
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Team Leader, Assembly for their site.
The Team Leader is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. As part of the Assembly team, reporting to the Assembly Manager, with responsibilities in providing technical and mechanical support. The role will involve running shifts, guiding operators and repairing and maintaining high tech machines to produce a high class quality plastic pump product.
Duties as Team Leader
- Supervision of the Assembly team.
- Safety and security of all employees, including Accident Reporting Forms.
- Delegation of jobs in shift, prioritising work within shift.
- Communication to/from the team.
- Reporting to/from Assembly Manager.
- Perform repairs and maintenance to Assembly production equipment.
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Shift End reporting on OME, MCU key issues, hourly productivity per machine.
- Promptly deal with any interpersonal issues and report the issues to Manager in a timely fashion.
- Evacuation and validation in any emergency situation.
- Adherence to work time & general company rules.
- Ensure employees follow work procedures.
- Ensure that only trained personnel are working on jobs.
- With each team member define their training needs.
- Ensure that team is adequately utilised.
- Manage housekeeping in all areas.
- In shift decide what machines to shut down.
- Co-ordination with Team leaders in other departments.
- Supporting other Team leaders in dealing with any shift situations.
- Drive/participate in problem solving and implementation of corrective actions
- Participate in continuous improvement (CI) projects across the building.
- Active participation in the development training programs and participation in training of employees.
- Support QMS activities to ensure continued compliance to ISO 9001
- Health and Safety, Quality Environmental and Energy Management systems
- Diploma / Degree in Mechanical or Electrically qualified a preference.
- A track record of problem solving
- Experienced people manager an advantage.
- Experienced in Project Management
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and devices
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- A strong Team Player
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal supervision
- Results Orientated
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology
- Computer Literate, MS Excel, Word etc.
- Exposure with Visions applications – Cognex cameras - insight. To understand the camera equipment, functionality and parameter settings.
For further information on this Team Leader role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.