Our client, an energy company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Technical Lead for their site.
- Reporting to the I-SEM Programme Manager, the I-SEM Programme Technical Lead has responsibility for ensuring the implementation and integration of the I-SEM suite of applications are planned and delivered in line with corporate IT standards.
- The I-SEM programme goes live in Oct 2017 and the Tech Lead is a key role required to assist with delivery of the system implementations and enhancements to ensure successful Day1 Go-live in the new I-SEM market.
- The Tech Lead will work across multiple work streams including ETRM, Power Ops & Settlements, Data & Reporting and Modelling Tools.
- Manage the Technical Design Authority to ensure all key technical decisions are made at the appropriate time with the appropriate people and documented accordingly
- Ensure all technical deliverables on the programme are fully planned, resourced and costed appropriately
- Manage the overall I-SEM architecture and solution design(s)
- Ensure successful integration of all applications in line with BGE IT standards and I-SEM market milestones.
- Work with analysts and business teams on the I-SEM programme and deliver the technical designs and specs required for each implementation
- Proactively manage and co-ordinate all technical resources and deliverables on the programme
- Actively manage all programme technical risks and actions with the senior members of the programme and other stakeholders as required
- Liaise with BGE vendors and strategic IT partners to plan and manage delivery of all technical aspects of each work stream
- Ensure valid and fit-for-purpose DR solutions are developed and implemented across each Work stream
- Work with the programme management team to ensure technical resources are managed through programme capacity planning activities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience of similar roles elsewhere
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a proactive approach to problem solving and systems development;
- Strong ability to work to project deadlines and project plans;
- Knowledge of industry-standard methodologies, tools and environments;
- Experience in Energy Trading environment and familiarity with front/middle/back office processes is desirable,
- Experience in Energy Trading systems is desirable, e.g. ETRM, settlement and market and auction platforms/interfaces.
- Experience in applying Agile methodologies to volatile requirement space with tight regulatory deadlines
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining design/environment documentation required
- Experience in managing Technical Design Authority and technical resources, with strong stakeholder management skills needed
- Experience in mixed operating system environment (Windows and Linux)
- Experience in Systems Integration
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in Data Analytics and Reporting
THE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
For further information on this Technical Lead role in Cork please contact Ros Lomasney on 0212066287 / Ros@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval