Telephone: 086 3073779
Technical Operations Director
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Technical Operations Director for their site.
- The Technical Operations Director will leverage the association with the Regional GTO Group that provides external partner support, to collaborate on providing technical support to external partners within the region as a secondary responsibility.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical process support including problem resolution, process improvements, technology transfers, process maintenance to Drug Substance , Pharmaceutical, Vaccine, Biologics manufacturing and packaging
- Participate and comply with the Mfg. Division Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools within the Technical Services Department on projects, such as problem solving standardization, lean principles within the process.
- BSc, MS or PhD in Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Science or Equivalent and minimum of 10 years’ experience post BSc
- Minimum Green Belt (Desirable Black Belt qualification)
- Demonstrated evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Desirable project management qualifications such as Project Management Professional
- Demonstrated application of culture and business change methodologies (CEM, Inclusion and BCCM) when realizing site and cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated Technical Expertise in one or more of Drug Substance, Pharm, Biologics, Vaccines, Sterile, Packaging with a demonstrated track record of applying scientific, technical knowledge and problem solving approaches to deliver business results
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, etc.).
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in operations environment.
- > 5 years in a leadership role
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Project management experience leading projects
- Demonstrates Inclusion and Leadership behaviours, including integrity, resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrated capability to lead a large, diverse team
- Demonstrated ability in holding team members responsible for results and being decisive about non-performers
- Demonstrated ability to realize improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment such a project teams, Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills
- Advanced PC skills such as MS Office
- Stakeholder management of multi-decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams
For further information on this Technical Operations Director role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.