Technical Operations Lead EMEA
Our client, a major international player who is setting up operations in Galway, Ireland, is looking to recruit a Technical Operations Lead EMEA. This is fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys the exciting environment of a start-up.
Role Value Proposition:
The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within the company. GTO's strategy is to deliver a differentiated customer experience and increase the company's operating leverage.
As a key member of International Infrastructure team in EMEA, you will be responsible for ensuring seamless operations of IT Infrastructure for all EMEA countries, including all operational aspects of outsourced IT services (co-lo and managed) with the global data center (GDC) vendor as well as local infrastructure within countries. In addition, you will be expected to operate pro-actively and with responsiveness as part of the senior EMEA BAI team, contribute to other initiatives, work effectively with colleagues in other regions and in the global Infrastructure team, produce high quality management reports (regular and ad-hoc), challenge the status-quo where appropriate, propose new initiatives and provide technical and team leadership to junior staff across the region.
- Reports to: VP & CTO, EMEA
- Indirect reports/team: External Consultants and Contractors
- Key Stakeholders:
- Heads of Infrastructure for EMEA, WE&CE and ESE&ME
- VP Business Aligned Infrastructure
- Global Data Centre Vendor
- Technology and business leads in EMEA
- Global Technology teams
- Budgetary responsibility: Regional Data Centre Budget for EMEA ($10M+)
- Manage all operational aspects of IT Infrastructure services, both with the global data center vendor and in-country
- Manage the relationship with the GDC vendor for EMEA, maintaining regular contact and act as the primary interface for all escalations with the vendor staff at various levels (engineering, operations management, account and executive levels)
- Implement and own standard ITSM processes for IT Infrastructure Operations in EMEA, covering both outsourced and in-country operations, including: Change Management, Incident Management, Performance and Capacity Management.
- Directly oversee regular governance activities for both outsourced and in-country operations and ensure appropriate documentation is produced relating to all DC activities.
- Be an effective technical expert to communicate and manage the GDC infrastructure and operations architecture to teams as needed
- Take an active part in the senior EMEA BAI team, providing objective opinions, accepting ad-hoc tasks or projects, proposing value-add or cost saving initiatives, providing leadership behaviours,
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related, or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years data centre and IT technical/engineering experience
- 10+ years management of DC environments
- 5+ years implementation and management of ITSM processes and demonstrated use of ITIL process in an IT operations environment
- 5 + years management of significant (multi-country or global) Data Centre Services vendor relationships
- Preferred Experience Exposure to infrastructure management across multiple countries
- Managing staff whose primary language is not English
- Knowledge of the various legal/operational IT infrastructure challenges across EMEA countries
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Focuses on Customers - Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
For further information on this role Technical Operations Lead in Galway please contact Cat on 091730022 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval