Telephone: 087 2197421
Technical Project Manager
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Technical Project Manager for their site.
- Planning / organization
- Project Scope (R&D Scope)
- Project Risk Assessment (R&D Risk List)
- Product Quality
- Project Schedule and Supplier Status (R&D Level 2 plan ties to Project Level 1 plan and customer milestones)
- Ability to define appropriate measures for themselves and the team to achieve project goals;
- Prioritization and co-ordination of those measures
- Drives and manages project progress. Result driven
- Ability to forecast issues / delays - constant updating managing of the Project Plan
- Work effectively in tight deadlines regardless of possible setbacks / roadblocks. Ability to circumvent roadblocks / find solutions
- Identifying cross-project issues in the next generation project pipeline and working with R&D management to identify and implement solutions
End customer orientation
- Strong relationship with customer, being able to build / repair relationships, defuse escalations.
- Manage the customer and their timelines ensuring dates / deliveries are respected.
- Ability to develop the customer view. Understanding customer plans before formalization.
Analytical skills / problem solving.
- Ability to motivate a team (cross functional & diverse), have them working together to achieve a common goal
- Ability to delegate
- Lead by example
- Expected to coach and train R&D team members (e.g. Sw Leader, HW Leader, other Product Technical leads)
- Cost driven to improve project financials
- Ability to motivate team in generating improvement activity
- Ability to forecast changes
- Estimation of resource needs and development workload within R&D; Ensuring the monthly balancing of resources against needs
- Keep customers/stakeholders updated on Project progress.
- Prepare/validate reports on Project development progress to DR/PVC/TSC and to all Governance stages when required
- Manage customer relationship (internal and external) and coordinate communication within their team for any R&D/Technical issues.
- Manage Technical relations with external resources participating in Project Activity
- Support Product Marketing and Business Development activities as required
- Ensure management of Escalation if any
- An Engineering Degree or Business related Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an Project Management role
- Experience in the automotive Industry will be an advantage
- Manage Communication/reporting with customers
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
For further information on this Technical Project Manager role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.